Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nick's Birthday Party



Today i successfully surprised my husband. I gave him a car he has been wanting for at least 30 years. A 1971 El Camino.

I bought it for him because he would never buy it for himself! He found it on the internet - it was in Missouri. He looked at it, pined for it, talked about it and drove me crazy about it for almost 4 weeks. I told him to buy it but he wouldn't "We can't afford it" was his excuse.

I got tired of hearing that and decided to buy it for him!

It was great - after I put the bid on it and they marked is as "sale pending" on the site he was devastated. When he told me, I said "you should have bought it!", then I laughed.

It got here and I had to hide it at work in the parking garage. It is REALLY loud and FAST.

I gave it to him at a small surprise party we had at a local BBQ place. About 25 of our closest friends showed up. It was a great evening.

I think he is happy with it - it needs work; it will be a nice project for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment


my ride